Sunday 28 September 2014

NYX Haul & Swatches

I mentioned in my diary post that I attended the Olympia Beauty Show in London this year which was incredible. I had to do a single NYX haul because I bought so much and I wanted to show you guys the swatches of some of the products.

Some of the NYX products I bought :)
Unfortunately, NYX isn't available in Boots or Superdrug when they really should be! It is available on the internet though so I will put a link to the products so you can purchase them if you like!

At the show, there was only a small range of products available, that's why I didn't actually buy as much as I would have if there was a bigger range. 

NYX products are not expensive so it won't break your bank!

NYX Lip Smacking Fun Colors

From left to right: Tea Rose, Eros, Femme, Chic Red.
There is a huge range of shades to choose from and I found it really difficult to choose the shades I wanted. If it wasn't so busy, I would have picked out more colours! You can probably see from the photo that the colours I picked out look so nice and I can tell you that the formula used for these lipsticks are amazing. These lipsticks are really pigmented and creamy, they glide on so easily which is great as you don't need to apply a lot of pressure and don't need to keep building up the colour like some lipsticks from the high street. NYX products are quite cheap and these lipsticks cost me either £3.50 / £4.00 which isn't a bad price for a good quality lipstick! Available here

- Tea Rose is a shade that I have worn for about six months and I was obsessed with it that I nearly finished the tube so I bought another so I don't run out when my tube finishes! The shade is a muted plum with blue undertones so it isn't your typical nude pink. I wear this shade quite a lot for work.
- Chic Red is a cranberry red shade which is absolutely beautiful. I think it is a great shade for Autumn.
- Eros is a bright coral red, Wow, I love this shade so much!
- Femme is a bright pink red, sort of orangey. This is a perfect shade for Spring / Summer but I will probs wear it all year long! 

Jumbo Lip Pencil

Jumbo Lip Pencil - 712 Plush Red
The one thing I regret is not buying more jumbo lip pencils. These pencils are the most pigmented and creamy lip pencils I have ever tried. The formula is amazing and it glides on so easily that I barely even need to press it into my lips when applying it. The shade Plush Red is also a beautiful shade, it is perfect. If you have never tried a a NYX lip product before, I would 100% recommend you buying a jumbo lip pencil. I thought the Lip Smacking Fun Colours range was good but this is on a different level! I actually didn't swatch this when I was at the show but if I had, I would have probably bought the whole range! This I think was just £3.00. Available here

Retractable Lip Liner

Retractable Lip Liner in the shades Red and Nude Pink.
I have to admit that I am not a big fan of retractable lip liners now because I find they clump up, break easily unless you work with the tiniest amount and they aren't that precise. However, these products are much better than the Rimmel retractable lip liners which don't glide on well and you have to build up the colour. These NYX products glide on much better but next time, I will stick to the lip liner pencils as they are more precise. Available here

SPL - Slim Lip Pencil

Slim Lip Pencil in the shades 816 Fuchsia and 813 Plush Red.

These lip pencils are really good and are much better than what you would get from Rimmel. Maybelline etc. These are very precise and I couldn't help myself but use the Fuchsia shade last night when I went clubbing and it lasted the whole night. I wasn't much of a lip liner person before buying these products but I have definitely changed my mind. They stop your lips from the colour bleeding when wearing really bright colours like Fuchsia and Red. When applying the lip liner, I lined my lips then filled in my lips which I have to admit was a little drying but I put my Rimmel Lasting Finish Colour Rush Balm over which worked amazing together. That is a little trick I will do when wearing a bright lip now. This lip liner also helped my lipstick stay on throughout the whole night so I didn't need to top up! When I attend my next beauty show in London, I will definitely be buying more of these lip pencils. Available here

Single Eyeshadow

Single Eyeshadow - Favourite Colour (ombre)
I only bought one eyeshadow as this was the only one which stood out and would be a good inner eye eyelight or under the brow highlight. I have so much eyeshadow that I do not need anymore. I do really like NYX eyeshadows though as I own a smokey eye palette. Available here

Matte Bronzer

Matte Bronzer - Deep Tan
I love this bronzer so much. It doesn't come out really chalky or powdery like how some bronzers on the highstreet are like. I will probably buy this bronzer in a shade lighter when I am not as tanned as the colour I have is quite dark. Available here

Eye Liners

I forgot to take individual photos for these eye liners but you can see it on the photo I took of some of the products I bought :).

Curve eyeliner - This attracted me straight away as I am always looking for a really good eyeliner as I am obsessed with eyeliner. I have yet to find an amazing pen eyeliner which is really dark black. I am really hoping this curve eyeliner is amazing and the way it is shaped will hopefully help a lot when applying so I don't have to smudge my face make-up when trying to apply eyeliner like I usually do! I will keep you posted on this when I open it to use. This is a little on the pricey side so I have high hopes that this will be really good! Available here

Super Skinny Eye Marker - This is my second product as I really liked the first product. As it is really skinny, I can draw a really precise line. I really like pen eyeliners as they don't smudge and are easy to apply but the one thing that's annoying is the shade of black. It is never dark enough. I tend to use this product over my false eyelashes to hide the lash band and it does work well, just think that if it was darker and more wet, it would be better. Available here

Mascaras


NYX have quite a wide range of mascaras to choose from. These two stood out to me because of the mascara wand and because it is supposed to lengthen your lashes. I always try to find lengthening mascaras as my eyelashes are so short. You may know that I wear false eyelashes most of the time but I still wear mascara on my bottom lashes so they need to be as long as they can. The Fly With Me Mascara seems like a great mascara as it is supposed to lengthen AND thicken the lashes and it is meant to be extremely black! To me, that is the perfect mascara if it does do what it claims to do so I am very excited to try this product. I really hope these mascaras aren't really wet like how quite a lot of mascaras are like as that tends to clump my lashes which is a horrible look and it doesn't lengthen your lashes at all. 

Doll Eye Mascara - Available here
Fly With Me Mascara - Available here

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. I will be uploading another one on the fake tan products I bought and on my hair styling products :)

1 comment: