Thursday 19 June 2014

Makeup Revolution | Review



Makeup Revolution launched in March 2014. It is really affordable and has a wide range of products. click here

Awesome Metal Eye Foils - Magnificent copper, pure platinum, rose gold
This is available in 5 different colours. I got these metal eyeshadows because I liked the look of the Stila magnificent metal foil finish eyeshadow. I haven't tried it but I have seen a review by Makeup Geek and they look really good but it is really expensive for just an eyeshadow. I got my Makeup Revolution metal eye foils from Superdrug and they cost me only £5 compared to the £33.50. click here

These eyeshadows include a liquid primer and mixing tray. They say to add a drop of primer to the tray and then dip your brush into the eyeshadow and mix it then apply for a long lasting shiny dramatic eye look. I did not use the primer before taking these photos. I would say that Makeup Revolution were inspired by the Stila product because the Stila product also comes with a primer and mixing tray. 

The product is really creamy, I didn't actually expect it to be that creamy! It also has specs of glitter/shimmer whatever it is and it is quite messy. When trying to remove it with a makeup wipe, I got glitter and shimmer everywhere on my face. 

As you can see from two of the photos, it looks quite lumpy because I didn't mix it with any liquid such as mac fix + or eye drops. Anyway, I like all of these colours and my favourite is magnificent copper. 
I would definitely recommend these to you if you like the Stila magnificent metal foil finish because I imagine they are very similar. Stila will most likely be better in quality! However, if you want to give the metal foil finish eyeshadow a try, purchase the Makeup Revolution one! 

Top - Pure platinum
Middle - Rose gold
Bottom - Magnificent copper


Eye dust
I got 6 shades of this eye dust which is basically just loose pigment. There are 25 shades available. I have been loving loose pigments recently and have purchased 2 Kiko pigments and 1 Barry M eye dust. These Makeup Revolution eye dusts are only £1! So cheap and definitely worth it. They are messy to work with so if you don't want to make a mess, put a piece of newspaper down or some tissue when opening the product!! These pigments can be built up to get a really bold colour.

If you have never tried loose pigment, I would definitely purchase one or two and give it a try. You will most likely fall in love! 

I will probably be spraying Fix + (Mac) on my brush before I apply it on to my eyes as it makes the colour more pigmented and prevents a load of fallout. 

Top left - Affluent
Top middle - Angelic
Top right - Antic
Bottom left - Dynamic
Bottom middle - Indirect
Bottom right - Confront 

Baked blusher
I got 3 baked blushers to try. I've heard a lot about the Milani baked blushers and everyone said they are amazing. I've never tried a baked blusher so I was really excited to try these Makeup Revolution ones. There are 6 shades available and they cost me only £2.50 each!! They are quite pigmented so be careful and remember to tap off the excess. 



Would you recommend Makeup Revolution?
Absolutely. The products are really good and they are so affordable! Makeup Revolution are really similar to MUA  in terms of prices. I haven't tried many MUA products... I only own one eyeshadow set so I can't really compare their products. 

If you don't wear make-up and want to start, I would definitely recommend you buying Makeup Revolution products as there is a huge range. I would also recommend it for people who aren't familiar with products such as pigments, highlighters, foil eyeshadows etc because it is a much cheaper alternative than buying a high end brand and not liking it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment