Saturday 28 March 2015

The Slug and Lettuce | Restaurant Review

What is Slug and Lettuce?

Well, Slug and Lettuce is a large chain of bars that operate in the UK, with the majority located in London and the South East. The atmosphere is very pub like which is nice as it is very relaxing!

The bars are apparently designed for a more youthful clientele and I definitely got that impression when I set foot in the bar/restaurant.


All Slug and Lettuce outlets serve food throughout the day. The type of food on offer are sandwiches, burgers, pasta and salads. Basically, they offer what all pubs usually offer!

Please click here to access their website.


10oz rib-eye steak (matured for a minimum of 35 days, char-grilled. Served with chips, onion rings, watercress and cherry vine tomato. Price £15.45

My experience

I went to The Slug and Lettuce after work on a Wednesday evening. It was not even my intention to go to The Slug and Lettuce but I wanted to go to a restaurant close to my office so decided to try The Slug and Lettuce in London Bridge. Luckily, we were able to get a table for 2 at around 6:30pm but it was getting busy!

I really enjoyed myself t at The Slug and Lettuce and I can't believe that it was my first time going a few days ago! The atmosphere in the restaurant was really nice and chilled. The waiters and waitresses were polite and attentive and for once, I have nothing to complain about!

I had a difficult time picking what to eat because there were quite a few good options to choose from! Of course, if you read my blog posts, you must know by now that I have some sort of obsession with steak. Therefore, because I love steak, I decided it would be a safe option to choose it! The steak came with chips, onion rings, cherry vine tomatoes and watercress. For £15.45, I thought it was pretty reasonable AND I didn't even end up finishing my steak because I was so full!

The service was great as we only waited about 10 minutes for our food so I was pretty impressed seeing as I have waited a long time at other pubs for my lunch when the pub is pretty much empty!

Would I recommend The Slug and Lettuce?

Absolutely. The Slug and Lettuce are always having promotional offers so if you haven't been before and want to try it, go and check out the offers! Hopefully, you will not be disappointed but I do find restaurant experiences vary according to time and the location of the restaurant.

I really enjoyed my experience and I would definitely return at a later stage!

If I was to rate my experience, I would give it 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment