Sunday 27 July 2014

Donatello Restaurant Review

Donatello is an Italian restaurant located in the lanes in Brighton. The lanes area in Brighton is such an amazing place and a great experience if you have never been! I have to say, Donatello is by far the best Italian food I have had. I have been to many Italian restaurants before including the big chains Prezzo, Zizzi, Pizza Express and Pizza Hut. 

Donatello's pricing is so cheap compared to the big chains and the food in my opinion is amazing. I had a pasta dish, carbonara and ohmygod, it was amazing! Donatello give really generous portion sizes as you can tell from the photo below and it was very filling! 

Donatello is known for its 2 course and 3 course set menu costing £7.95 and £9.95 respectively. This is a link for the website here and for the direct menu, the link is here.

I personally think there is a huge choice and I did struggle trying to pick what I wanted! 

I chose to have the 2 course menu and chose carbonara for my main course and Bigne al Cioccolato (profiteroles filled with creme patissiere served with chocolate sauce). Wow the profiteroles were soo yummy!! By the end of my 2 courses, I was absolutely stuffed! If you love an Italian, you have to check out Donatello! 

Carbonara
Profiteroles

My rating

I would give it a 9/10. It is cheap, has a huge menu choice and the service was really good. The toilets weren't too bad either and it was a really nice experience. The location was also in an ideal place. The lanes really is an area to explore if you have never been to Brighton!

Would I recommend it?

Absolutely. If you love Italian, this is a restaurant you have to try. I can easily tell you that this restaurant is better than the big chains like Zizzi, Prezzo, Pizza Express etc. It is much cheaper if you go with the 2/3 course menu. You will not be disappointed. When the waiters and waitresses were bringing out everyone's food, it all looked amazing and as I said earlier, the portion size is very generous! Easily the best Italian I have had and I will definitely be going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment