Monday 28 July 2014

Kettners Restaurant Review

My friend and I decided to go to Kettners for dinner after work one day and I thought I would share my views on this restaurant.

Kettners is located in the Soho area in London. My experience at this restaurant was definitely amazing.

Firstly, I thought the decor of the restaurant was really nice as it is a Grade II listed building and once you enter the restaurant, that is when you get a feel of what to expect. We were greeted by a lady near the door who was very polite. In fact, all the staff were polite and very attentive. I have found that in the past, I have not had the best experience when dining so I was really happy with the service.

The menu choice is quite limited. Here is the link to the dinner menu: here

I have to say though, the food was good quality but the portion size is really tiny as you can probably tell from the photo! I was not even close to being full after eating the gressingham duck breast with potato gratin and compote.

The duck was good and the spinach went down nicely. The potato gratin too was nice. All in all, it was a very enjoyable meal.



The restaurant really is elegant and classy and was a perfect choice for dinner. The service was amazing, the guy who served us was really friendly and attentive and made conversation with us which I was not expecting! 

When we went to the restaurant, it was really hot that day and the air conditioning was broken apparently so it was absolutely boiling. I was having to fan myself using a menu which is not very classy but I was so hot!! They did however give us a bottle of water on the house which was generous so that was nice.

One big negative I have to point out is the seating. The chair I was sitting on was incredibly uncomfortable and I was only in the restaurant for a short amount of time (under an hour) as I only had a main course and we decided to go elsewhere for dessert. They definitely need some cushions as my bum started to hurt after around 20 minutes!

My rating

If I was to rate this restaurant, I would give it 8/10. The reason why I have given it 8 and not higher is because the price is sky high and although I liked the meal, the portion size isn't that big and it wasn't filling. I also have to admit that it wasn't that impressive as I have had better quality duck before which was cheaper. On the other hand, the service was amazing and that is why I have given it an 8. 

Would I recommend it?

I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you are after a nice dining experience and don't mind spending a lot of money on a small meal. The food choice is a little limited but the menu itself is pretty good. 

I had really good service at this restaurant but I have to say that when I went, it was quite quiet as it was a Monday evening so I'm not sure how good the service would be on a Friday / Saturday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment