Thursday 12 June 2014

Clear Eyelash Adhesive vs. Black Eyelash Adhesive

Most people tend to gravitate towards using clear eyelash glue and that is what I used when I applied my false eyelashes for about a year. I didn't realise that there was actually a dark-tone eyelash adhesive available so when I discovered it, I had to give it a try. 

Eyelash glues I have tried:
Revlon Precision Lash Adhesive here
Duo Eyelash Adhesive here
Waterproof Lashfix here
Eye here
I have also used the ones that come in the eyelash boxes 

My favourites are Eye and Duo. 
The Revlon Precision Lash Adhesive is good because it has a wand but I've found this glue to dry really easily and the tube gets all messy and becomes hard to open.

Clear eyelash glue
When applying eyelash glue on to your falsies, it appears white but dries clear which is supposed to give your false eyelashes a perfect professional finish. However, I have found that whenever I use this glue, I always go over the shiny bits with a black liquid eyeliner. Personally, I think it is quite obvious if you don't go over the shiny bits with black liquid eyeliner but others may say different. I have found the clear eyelash glue to apply really firmly and doesn't lift on the corners of the falsies. Lots of people experience the falsies lifting at the corners because they either haven't applied the glue well or because the glue isn't strong enough.

Black eyelash glue
After discovering this, I was really happy with the result for about a year but I have actually noticed that this glue isn't as strong as the clear eyelash glue. I still put black liquid eyeliner over the lash band and do my winged eyeliner but I'm sure you don't have to do that, I just personally like to. One thing you need to be careful about is how you apply the falsies. Due to the glue being black, if you make a mistake while applying it, it is hard to get off! Take your time and make sure the glue is tacky before applying or it will be even harder to apply the falsies perfectly.

Conclusion
I will be going back to using clear eyelash glue because I have found the black eyelash glue to come off easily, especially the corners of the falsies which is so annoying. I know that by using the clear eyelash glue, it won't come off once it's on so I don't need to worry about carrying eyelash glue with me when I am going out.

I would definitely recommend the clear eyelash glue but do not forget to go over the shiny bits with black eyeliner! It really makes a difference to your look.



No comments:

Post a Comment