Friday 13 June 2014

Lauren's Way Self Tanning Bronzing Lotion Review

The product:
1 Litre Darker Than Dark Self Tan Bronzing Lotion click here

It is a liquid consistency and it is quite thick so it glides on easily especially if you use a mitt to apply the tan. The darker than dark colour is the darkest tan you can get from the Lauren's Way range. It is perfect for olive and darker skin tones.

How to use:
- Before you apply fake tan, you need to exfoliate 24 hours before.
- Just before you apply the tan, put some moisturiser on the dry areas of your skin such as elbows, knees, ankles and feet.
- To apply this tan, I use a tanning mitt as I find this goes on the smoothest and also it means it won't get tan marks on your hand from applying it.
- I squirt two pumps of the tan on to the mitt and start rubbing it onto the lower parts of my leg and any left over, I usually rub it into my ankles and feet. Make sure all your skin is well covered. If you are applying this by yourself, use a mirror so you can see the spots which you've missed!
- Wash the mitt straight after you have finished tanning.
- Make sure you moisturise daily in order to maintain the tan for as long as possible and exfoliate every 3 days so that the tan fades evenly.
- To get a more intense colour, apply the tan daily.

My thoughts:
- It doesn't come out orange like some tans do. I have seem some girls looking really tangoed after applying fake tan and that is because they use cheap tans and don't apply it well. This tan does not make you look orange, it makes you look brown.
- I use this product more as an instant tan more than letting it develop throughout the day then wash off the tan. ----> Be very careful if you do use it as an instant tan because it will run if you get any liquid like water or alcohol on you.
- I find the tan fades a lot after I wash it off but it is to be expected because there is a lot of bronzer in the product. That is the reason why I tend to use this product as an instant tan as I will be darker!
- The smell isn't too bad. There are some really bad smelling tans so this one is in fact really good in terms of smell!
- Application is easy and doesn't take long especially when using a mitt. I haven't tried using my bare hands before but I can imagine it to just be a nightmare!

Would I recommend this product?
Absolutely. The smell is pleasant and doesn't make you look orange. Just look at the photos and you can decide for yourself what you think :)



Before tanning: 



After tanning:




1 comment: