Thursday 8 May 2014

Dressing to impress on board a cruise ship

I have chosen a selection of photos from a recent cruise around the Canary Islands. Cruising is easily my favourite type of holiday. You get to visit many places in a short amount of time and I never get bored! There is so much to do on a cruise ship. I went on Ventura (P&O cruises) which in comparison to some of the ships I've been on was pretty bad.... If you are thinking about going on a cruise, definitely look into Royal Caribbean. The shows are amazing and there is so much to do, from wall-climbing to relaxing in a jacuzzi! There are so many swimming pools and loads of jacuzzis so you can relax during sea days.



My favourite part of the holiday is probably getting ready for dinner. I easily spend up to 3 hours to get ready..... That does include having a shower!!

Dinner is usually around 6pm or 8pm depending on what time you choose if you want a set table throughout your cruise. You can alternatively just rock up to dinner at anytime and do the 'anytime dining'. I would say is never as good as a set table because with a set table, you get to know your waiters and they know what you want (drinks) every time you sit down so it will be waiting for you when you get there!

This dress was from Asos. It is just a pretty plain white dress. I paired it with nude heels. 
Anyway, back to getting ready for dinner. I will plan my outfits probably before I even go on holiday for each night. There are a few formal evenings throughout your cruise but it depends on the duration of your cruise. I will always take a huge make-up bag for a cruise because it is so important you have a selection of products to use, especially when you will probably get a tan! I spend around 1.5 hours on make-up, then around 20-30minutes on my hair. I usually like to curl my hair because we always have photos taken every night on the cruise. Sometimes they are taken professionally so I tend to put even more make-up on and spray my hair more with my favourite hairspray which you can purchase here.

This dress was bought from House of Fraser. It is a perfect choice for any formal evening event. A pair of strappy silver heels would go perfectly with this dress!

This is one of my favourite dresses! It was bought from Asos in the sale. This would be perfect for a dressy party! My heels were bought from Missguided and they have a red sole!

This is a photo with my older sister, Fiona in the beautiful black dress. Both of our dresses were bought from House of Fraser. If you are looking for an evening dress, take a trip to House of Fraser as it usually has a big selection! I wore silver sparkling strappy heels with my dress.
This dress is from Rare. I paired this with nude heels. This dress is perfect for going clubbing. I usually wear this dress with a black blazer and black heels.


This dress is from Rare which I got for £20. Always check the sale section as they have a great selection of dresses! I tend to wear this when I go clubbing as it is definitely clubbing appropriate! I paired this with black heels and a black clutch. My clutch was from Debenhams.

Again, this is a perfect dress for any formal evening event. This dress is from Debenhams and my clutch is unfortunately not available in the colour pictured but is available in navy here. I also paired this dress with silver sparkly strappy heels! 

1 comment:

  1. I love this post!! You are so beautiful that you could wear anything!!

    ReplyDelete