Thursday 15 May 2014

Urban Decay Naked Palette Review


I have been wanting to buy this Naked palette for such a long time and I am so glad I have finally bought it. It is a little on the pricey side but so worth it. CLICK HERE

As soon as I opened it, I fell in love. There are 12 really pigmented shades and each of them are amazing. The packaging for this product really looks and feels high quality with the chocolaty velvet case and the gold inscription of "NAKED".

"Urban Decay's Naked Palette features a shade range that runs from the palest champagne to the grittiest gunmetal."

My Palette came with a double ended eyeshadow brush which I am so excited to try. It also came with 4 samples of the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer in 'original', 'sin', 'eden' and 'anti-aging'.
Original - dries down invisibly
Sin - shimmering champagne shade
Eden - subtle matte finish which covers and brightens the eye area
Anti-aging - improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in 8 weeks.

*Applying an eyeshadow primer is so important as it keeps your eyeshadow on. It also prevents creasing and I find that it prevents loads of fallout too.

I filmed a video creating 5 different eye looks so if you want to check them out, this is the link:
Urban Decay Naked Palette 5 Eye Looks Tutorial



From left to right:
Virgin is a pale, shimmery nude beige. (Perfect for under the brow as a highlight and for the inner corner to make your eyes look brighter and more awake.)
Sin is a frosty champagne shade with a touch of pink. 
Naked is a matte beige-brown colour. The texture of this is really smooth. (Crease shade)
Sidecar is a shimmery medium bronze brown.
Buck is a medium brown with a matte finish. (Crease shade)
Half Baked is a sort of gold/coppery bronze with a frost-metallic finish.
Smog is a medium-dark bronze.
Darkhorse is a darkened deep chocolate brown. (Could use this on the outer V to create a smokey look)
Toasted is a medium dark pinky brown shade with a shimmery finish.
Hustle is a plummy brown shade with a shimmery finish.
Creep is a dark blue-black base with a shimmery finish.
Gunmetal is a blue-grey metallic shade.

*** TIP TO MAKE EYESHADOW MORE PIGMENTED: SPRAY FIX + (MAC) ON YOUR BRUSH AND DIP INTO YOUR EYESHADOW, THEN APPLY ***

Likes
- The shades in this palette are amazing. I would use every single one of them.
- Can create lots of different looks 
- Packaging looks really good
- All the eyeshadows are really pigmented
- Double ended brush (crease and shadow brush)

Dislikes
- It doesn't have a dark brown matte shade

Favourite shadows
- Sin
- Sidecar
- Half-baked

Would I recommend this product?
Absolutely. This palette is literally perfect for anyone and it is so travel friendly. It's one of those palettes that everyone should own. You can create sooo many looks with this palette and every single shade is super pigmented and it is just so amazing!! I am so glad I didn't wait any longer to buy it.

There are 2 other Naked palettes although I am not quite sure if I would buy them. The packaging also doesn't look as good as this one. If I was to get another palette, I would get the Naked 2. 

2 comments:

  1. A great review! I want one now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip! I have to try that one. I usually just use eye primer to make shadows more pigmented.

    May from La Vie en May

    ReplyDelete